Last update: October 10th, 2014.
There are new special services.
Please see Special Services for offline lessons
Each offline and online lesson fee is $40 / €29 / ￡24, plus the transaction fee.
Transaction fees differ from country to country. If you live in the U.S. and take my $40 lesson, the transaction fee is $1.94. But in other countries, the fee can be different. I’ve been collecting the accurate information, but I cannot confirm all the transaction fees in all the countries yet. If you pay me an extra amount, I will let you know, and I will compensate for that by sending you an extra text or otherwise.
This special service is provided until December 23rd, 2014.
My 15-year of teaching experience tells me that learning the most popular opening or joseki is not going to make you strong. More importantly, the most popular opening or joseki variations usually don’t have basic tesuji or basic shapes, but pro level advanced tesuji and shapes. In addition, they often have many exception moves.
I’d like to let you know that top pros can read more than 100 move less than a minute, but amateurs cannot. Even if you follow the first few moves, that doesn’t make you play like pros. Most importantly, just following pros’ moves will not make you strong. I’ve explained that in detail on my blog: http://kazsensei.seesaa.net/article/251428407.html
If you have time to learn about the most popular opening or joseki, I strongly suggest that you build the basic foundations. I elaborate on this matter on my blog more. See http://kazsensei.seesaa.net/article/252401123.html.
So if you receive my special service 2, you no longer have to worry about how to deal with those opening or joseki variations. Instead, you can focus on learning basics at your level.
Special service 3:
Other texts: You can choose five texts from each of the following or get five texts from one area:
- “Fight like Rocky Balboa! Fight like Rocky Graziano! Fight like Raging Bull!” You will learn about fight.
- Learn about “the 0nion Tesuji” (which makes an opponent’s eyes water just like chopping onion).
- “Thick, Thicker, Thickest !!!” Maximize your thickness and make an opponent’s thickness useless.
- “Attachment effect, butterfly effect”. If you learn the proper attachment and how to make the most of it, your moves could affect the entire board just like the butterfly effect.
- The “Killing-stones-syndrome”. If you’re addicted to killing an opponent’s stones, you need this.
- “Big pig snout”. You will learn about one of the most commonly shown life-and-death problems.
- “He is a peeping Tom?! Peep, peep, PEEP!” You will learn correct peeps and incorrect peeps. You will find that so many people, kyu and dan players alike, play incorrect peeps.
- “Endgame techniques (If you learn these endgame techniques, you will be able to turn around a 25-point losing game. WARNING: I’m still making these. I’ll try to finish them soon. )
(Once you pay $400 / €290 / ￡240 in advance, please take those lessons in a year. )
Additional Information: In case you don’t realize the good deal above, please take the following into consideration:
If you take one lesson 11 times, it will cost $ 461 . 34 (the transaction fee included).
If you take one lesson 11 times, it will cost about € 335 . 50 (the transaction fee included).
If you take one lesson 11 times, it will cost about ￡275 . 55 (the transaction fee included).
Suppose you’ve paid a 11 lesson fee, $400.
After taking 2 lessons, you decide not to take any more lessons, then the lesson fee will be: $40 × 2 lessons + 1 lesson for my texts = $120. So I’ll return $280 minus the transaction fee.
After taking 3 lessons, you decide not to take any more lessons, then the lesson fee will be: $40 × 3 lessons = $120. So I’ll return $280 minus the transaction fee.
After taking 4 lessons, you decide not to take any more lessons, then the lesson fee will be: $40 × 4 lessons = $160. So I’ll return $240 minus the transaction fee, and so on down the line.
So far, all the students who have taken my lessons keep taking more lessons.
Payment by Paypal.
I use Paypal and accept US dollars, Yen, Euros, and Pounds Sterling. I may also accept other currencies if Paypal carries them. Please feel free to ask me if you are not sure. I do not accept credit cards.
How to apply for Kaz’s Go Lessons!
- Please go to Paypal and look for my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now you’re ready to pay the fee to Kazunari Furuyama, (in Japan) but don’t finish the payment, yet.
- Before you click and complete the payment, please scroll down and find “Message (optional)” on Paypal.
- In “Message (optional)”, please fill out your instruction. Here is an example of how you write your instruction.
“An offline lesson fee. This is Harry Callahan (your full name, please); I’ll be sending you 10 games soon. Choose one of the games. Go ahead, make my day!”
- After this, please send me your 10 games in sgf files.